Features and applications
- The MC-3 Turbo takes high output Moving Coil cartridges a step further, with a high polished, nude fine line diamond.
- The MC-3 Turbo has a 3.3mV output, which is perfect for use with virtually any Moving Magnet (MM) phono preamps, included inbuilt models.
- The Nude Fine Line diamond resolves a high level of detail and provides expansive stereo imaging.
Ortofon High Output MC cartridges
In 1948 Ortofon introduced the world's first moving coil cartridge. Since then, the MC principle has been universally acknowledged as the ultimate sonic performance. Though the high price of moving coil technology and the necessity of an outboard step up device to boost the low output voltage made the MC cartridges a luxury.
With the introduction of the first High Output X Series cartridges, Ortofon demonstrated that it is possible to produce MC cartridges with sufficiently high output to eliminate the need for additional step-up devices without compromising the construction principles and unique sound quality of moving coil designs.
Ortofon High Output Series cartridges offer you the opportunity to enjoy legendary pure Ortofon Moving Coil sound without the notorious disadvantages of costly extra step-up devices.
The high output voltage of the High Output series cartridges is compatible with the normal MM phono input of any amplifier.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 3,3 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - < 1,5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - > 24 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - >15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-30.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 4 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) - > 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 13 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Fine Line
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/40 µm
- Tracking force range - 1,8-2,2 g (18-22 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 2 g (20 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 100 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance - 47 kOhm / < 500 pF
- Cartridge body material - Noryl
- Cartridge colour - Black
- Cartridge weight - 4,1 g