The SPU Classic N provides the same sound reproduction properties as the SPU Classic GM series
The SPU Classic N is sold without the integrated headshell unit.
The SPU Classic N is a Moving Coil (MC) cartridge with an 18µm spherical stylus profile.
Listeners who wish to mount the SPU Classic on a traditional headshell may do so by using SPU N adaptor. Those with vintage SPU-type headshells can use the Classic N to recreate an authentic and functional SPU cartridge. NB: Vintage SPU-type headshells are no longer available.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 0.2 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz < 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz > 20 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz > 10 dB
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz ± 3 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 65 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 8 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude spherical
- Stylus tip radius - R 18 µm
- Tracking force range - 3.0-5.0 g (30-50 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 4.0 g (40 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 2.0 ohm
- Recommended load impedance > 10 ohm
- Coilwire material - High Purity Copper (OFC)
- Cartridge colour - Black
- Cartridge weight - 13 g